Monday, February 13, 2012

Musical Memories.

Hi friends, 

I am posting this week's linkup for 



Mama’s Losin’ It

here on Barefoot Passion {my writing "hub"}
because it is a bit longer than a normal blog post. 
When I saw the prompts for this week, I immediately thought about this very short, short-story that I had written a few semesters ago in one of my creative writing classes. The story is based off of an actual event that happened to me when I was a little girl, around 9 years old, give or take. Back then The Bodyguard soundtrack was my favorite tape EVer. So I do have a lot of memories that are tied to Whitney Houston's music...because of the events that took place during that time period. 
The 'photo' below displays a couple snippets from the {tiny} short story. This piece, told from a child's perspective, really exemplifies the feelings that stir up within me when I hear these specific songs by the late Houston.
I hope you enjoy. Thanks for reading. 
Comments welcome!  



4 comments:

  1. I just want to hug that little girl! What heart breaking memories. Part of me is glad you had such a soothing distraction at the time, but I can totally see how later you'd want nothing to do with it! Thank you for sharing such personal memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is so sad, but so beautifully written. Thank you for sharing that. Don't we all have our devices to tune out the heartbreaking moments in life? It must be hard for you this week w/ Whitney's passing and every TV and radio station is playing that song over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY VERY nice!! thanks for stopping by my blog :-)

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please read my blog for more about Kisha Jaggers Thanks

    ReplyDelete